Sunday, April 12, 2009

Service Project Experience Week 2 (cont)

During this week, my student and her mother did some research on Mount Vesuvius. They found some really great pictures, and some interesting facts about the volcano. They did a great job of finding some answers to the questions that we posed last week. While they've been researching, I worked on getting the blog set up.

This weekend, I took the research and created the storyboard. I also put together the Works Cited page. I have started the MovieMaker movie, but it's still a work in progress. I will meet with my student again this week, and our goal is to get some audio files recorded. Then I will add them into the movie. At this point, I believe I am about halfway finished with this project. At first I didn't think it would happen, but it has been moving along nicely this last week.

2 comments:

  1. I love your storyboard! I like that you included images in the storyboard as well. I am so happy your service project is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I checked out your student's blog and it is great! I noticed that you had some questions posted there, which were all great as well. Just food for thought, another good open-ended question to ask would be: How does Mt.Vesuvius affect the people and the environment around it? Anyways, I think you did a great job with your blog and your student's blog!

    ReplyDelete