Monday, April 27, 2009

CC Montessori Tour

My tour through CC Montessori school was very enlightening. I had some preconceived ideas of what and/or how Montessori works. After speaking with the director, and observing the classrooms, I realize that my perceptions of Montessori were uneducated. I was very impressed with the classrooms. I could not believe how quiet they were. I even had to ask the director where the ADHD students were. She assured me there were quite a few.

Another thing that impressed me is the extra education these students receive, besides the three R's. Students are responsible for maintaining a salt water fish tank, taking care of doves, planting a garden, and even a pet rabbit. They are actively engaged in recycling. This school is raising well-educated and well-rounded students. My hats off to Montessori!

No comments:

Post a Comment